Most people love to have a cup of coffee in the mornings. Some people will grab a ready to drink coffee on the way to work, which barely tastes. If we have a Keurig, we brew a cup of coffee for a travel mug by ourselves. The simple Keurig is Drip Coffee Maker to make a basic coffee.
The “drip coffee” is coffee brewed by an automatic coffee maker, which means the machine with a carafe and basket full of ground coffee with hot water dripping on it. To get a drip coffee, we must get a drip coffee maker that brews a flavorful coffee.
The process of brewing coffee in a drip coffee maker to get a drip coffee:
- Load a filter full of ground coffee into the coffee maker.
- Fill the water reservoir with water.
- A heating element in the coffee maker heats the water by forcing it upwards.
- With that hot water flowing upwards, will shower head the filter and drip the ground coffee.
- After brewing, coffee flows from the basket into the carafe.
What makes Drip Coffee Different from Other Coffees?
Drip coffee relies on thermal-induced pressure to send the hot water up to the showerhead and gravity to pull it down through the grounds compared to espresso coffee maker. In this coffee maker, the hot water dissolves less of coffee’s soluble mass, and the paper filter does not allow many of the oils to brew that is present in a French press, espresso, or percolator coffee. So drip coffee is just a coffee for Americans.
An Auto-drip coffee maker is handy because of its automatic mode, but the temperature and water ratio cannot be controlled. As the water pours over the beans, we cannot customize the brew as we like. To use it as a good auto-drip coffee maker, skip the tricks and make basic coffee with the right coffee beans and roast.
Best Drip Coffee Maker
Before getting the best drip coffee maker, look into the range and requirements like the coffee maker, which are
- Makes several types of coffee
- Occupies less space in the kitchen
- Brews large batches for more people
- Easy to use and clean
Below are some of the best drip coffee maker with features.
Cuisinart is one of the best drip coffee makers that brew nearly 14 cups and a small ratio of 1-4 cups of coffee. This coffee maker looks stylish and modern addition to the kitchen counter. There is a glass carafe with stainless steel handle. Start the day with the coffee at the right temperature.
This maker has a gold-tone filter to make brewing easy, and it is reusable. Cuisinart Coffee maker is fully automatic programmability with 24-hour. It self-cleans and auto-off for a 1-4 cup setting. It is having cutting edge coffee technology to give hotter coffee without scarifying taste.
Choose the flavor regular or bold and set the brew time up to 24 hours so that automatically next cup will be ready. There is a backlit LCD to read easily, a ready tone that can be turned on or off, and an indicator light signals when it’s time to decalcify. There is also an easy to view water window for an accurate filling brew.
Bonavita offers curated features that match the artisan pour-over brewing method. Operate this coffee maker with recommended instruction to brew a golden cup carafe of coffee at home. Bonavita is a certified coffee maker by SCA (Specialty Coffee Association). It comes with a powerful 1500 watt heater to maintain an optimal brewing temperature of 198-205 degrees.
The showerhead of the maker evenly saturates grounds enabling optimal and uniform flavor extraction. It has a thermal carafe with durable stainless steel. Through one touch, we can operate simple brewing with auto-off. The coffee maker has a carafe lid, filter basket, and showerhead. It is easy to use and dishwasher safe.
There is an optional pre-infusion mode that wets freshly roasted ground coffee to allow degassing before brewing. The plastic used is BPA free. We get 8 cups of coffee at a time with one-touch.
Ninja coffee maker’s specialty is to brew super-rich coffee, not only to make coffee but also to create delicious lattes, macchiato, cappuccinos, and other coffee house style drinks. We can also brew fresh Iced coffee, which is flavorful that never watered down. Ninja coffee maker is with a thermal carafe with durable stainless steel.
Can brew from a single cup to a full carafe in various 6 sizes in this coffee maker. It turns cold or hot milk into a silky smooth froth. This is one of the best drip coffee makers to brew the best coffee and certified by SCA. It is also the best home brewer.
To brew coffee in this maker, no pod is required to brew unlimited and customized variety with less plastic waste. We can even save up to $200 per annum for grounds vs. pods based on 2-5 cups daily on average consumption. We can make classic and rich brews to balance flavor and for a more intense taste.
Technivorm is the top coffee makers choice for coffee maker experts. It is easy to use and operate. It takes 4-6 minutes of brew time for 40 oz—coffee with a one-button operation. We can adjust the brew basket manually, which allows for a customized coffee. This coffee maker is of the thermal carafe with durable stainless steel to keep the coffee hot for a long time.
The coffee maker has a power switch with a copper element that will auto-off after the brewing process, but the light switch remains on. The brew basket is of manual adjust drip stop and brews coffee in 4-6 minutes. It is also made with durable metal housings and sustainable plastics.
Technivorm has a unique copper boiling element that rapidly heats water to control brewing temperature between 196-205 degrees F, which is important for coffee soluble extraction. The maker automatically switches off when the water reservoir is empty.
OXO is a coffee maker with a microprocessor-controlled brew cycle that replicates the pour-over method to produce 2 to 9 cups of perfect coffee. It is SCA certified coffee maker. In this coffee maker, water is heated and held at the perfect temperature for coffee from 197.6 to 204.8 degrees F.
It also has a rainmaker shower head that evenly disperses water over coffee grounds for uniform saturation and flavor extraction. This coffee maker’s other feature is an intuitive LED interface with a backlit screen to display the status and freshness indicator of coffee.
OXO has a 24-hour start timer and a single dial that allows you to brew several cups. It has a double-walled stainless steel carafe that keeps the brew hot and fresh. Better brew precision controls the temperature and time for a perfect cup of coffee.
Features to be considered before Buying
Before buying the coffee maker, think about the features that to be considered. What makes the best drip coffee maker? What we need to look into before buying?
- The best drip coffee maker must be certified by the Specialty Coffee Association. Only a few of the brand machines are certified every year.
- The size of the coffee maker must fit into the kitchen slot. So don’t go for monstrous size but go according to the kitchen space and check the dimensions that fit. Experts suggest taking compact-sized makers because it is easy to adjust in small kitchens also.
- The machine’s capacity is the major feature to be considered, and it depends on the requirement and convenience of how many cups of coffee we brew at a time? For what purpose we want coffee makers? For personal use, for family, or office use? Choose a large water reservoir for a full batch for family and office use. For personal, use a single server that brews at 1 or 2 cups at a time.
- There are different brew sizes like mugs, pots, thermos, and whether the maker has an adjustable drip tray, nozzle, and sprouts. By this, the maker’s counter saves from messes due to coffee spilling and useful for a family with different coffee needs.
Some More Factors
- Choose the maker with a thermal carafe, and this is the best for families and office use. Classic glass carafe and hotplate combo result in a burn and taste bad if coffee is left for too long. For single serves, ignore this advice.
- What are the features we are looking for from a coffee maker? Think about the options like timer, choice of strength, choice of temperature, serving size, auto shutoff, and even brewing coffee. Think twice is that feature useful for us.
- Pre-steep or Bloom is the new feature that everyone is looking for in a drip coffee maker is wetting the ground and letting the coffee breathe before brewing. With this feature, the coffee will extract the flavors while brewing.
- Look for a coffee maker with less movable and easily removable parts to clean more conveniently. Many people do not like a coffee maker that needs to be cleaned immensely and frequently, which causes full of mess and fuss.
- The basic drip coffee maker is available from $25, but the price increases with the preferences we focus on and the features considered. We even need to buy coffee beans, pods, and other cleaning equipment’s depending on the coffee maker.
Everyone loves the craft of slow brewing with intention and patience. Nowadays, these machines are must-haves in every household and even in offices for coffee drinkers. Find the right machine for your needs and choose according to features that are useful for you.
Which Drip Coffee Maker makes the hottest coffee?
The best drip coffee maker brews the coffee at an optimal temperature between 196 to 205 degrees F. So choose the coffee maker with a thermal carafe. It will keep your coffee at the right temperature.
Are the drip coffee makers easy to clean?
The drip coffee makers are mainly popular for their convenience, except coffee grounds wash all the essential components underwater properly to not affect the taste. Do not put the entire coffee maker underwater.