What is NOCO GB150?
NOCO Genius Boost Pro GB150 is a portable lithium-ion battery jump starter that starts the dead battery in seconds. The jump starter pack I deliver is 3000-amps for a dead battery. It has features of patented safety technology which provides spark-proof connections and has reverse polarity protection to make it safe and easy to use for anyone.
To know about the NOCO GB150, it is big in its size, price, and promises when compared to other jump starters. It comes with the unit nestled with padded foam. It has a grey and black case that displays the charge level, voltage display, and buttons. At one end of its case, it has a large flashlight and on the other end input and output ports of the device.
Design & Features of NOCO Genius Boost Pro GB150
NOCO Genius Boost Pro GB150 has one of the outputs as a USB which charges most of the portable devices. Sometimes the unit charges itself with the USB, it does not come with its own wall charger. The charging time taken by the device is from 2-3 hours to 11 hours depending on the type of charger used. If a 5A charger used it takes 2 to 3 hours and if a common 2A charger is used it takes 11 hours to charge.
NOCO GB150 can also charge the device with a 12V power plug. For that, there are male and female ports and can connect to any of the ports if needed. We can use both male plugs into the DC power port of the running vehicle or conversely use the female port. It also has a cable that provides power to the other equipment like inverters, tire pumps, etc.
How to use NOCO?
- NOCO G150 is used to provide a jump start to a car with a troubled battery that needs to pop the hood and set the device to the engine bay.
- First, we need to unclamp the two clamps which are on either side of the case, and unfold the cables. Connect to the battery starting with the red or positive clamp.
- Once the clamps connected, the current battery voltage will display on the voltmeter.
- After charging the car, it should be able to start.
- For portable devices, we need to uncover the output ports and plugins.
- We should easily plug in between the USB port and DC port adapters and provide reliable power to most of the devices. It can jump the Elantra right away in multiple tests.
NOCO GB150 Problems
- The first difficulty is to connect the cables properly as the clamps are large. NOCO GB150 problem is to find a good position to attach the cables.
- The USB charging was the less impressive factor. The USB gives an output of a mere 450mAh charging with which a phone can be charged.
- We can pull more power from DC output using a car charger in the female port. But that depends on another device to do charging.
- Repairing NOCO GB150 depends on the above problems and can fix accordingly.
Where to buy NOCO Genius Boost Pro GB150?
Click here to buy NOCO GB150 for the best price of Rs $299.95